“My aesthetic is to work with what already exists coupled with the best tools in the trade to achieve a brow that looks natural.”
Microblading takes the idea of tinting to the next level. It is the deposit of pigment into the skin, much like a tattoo, except not as deep and therefore not permanent. The procedure can be done many ways, but at the Pilar BLLaC Beauty Studio, the work is done by hand.
Pilar DeMann is a certified and licensed Microblade artist in the State of Connecticut and continues to take regular advanced courses to maintain her certifications.
Planning something big? Be sure to consider the time commitment of Microblading. It is recommended that you schedule your first Microblading appointment at least 4 months in advance of vacations, weddings, and special occasions. This allows adequate time for healing of both your Initial Microblading Appointment as well as a Touch-Up Appointment 6-8 Weeks after.
Initially there will be a consultation where your face will be analyzed to consider what currently exists and what you hope the procedure will achieve. A topical anesthetic is then applied and after 30 minutes your brow area will be measured. A special pencil is then used to draw an improved brow. Upon approval, the procedure will begin. The entire process takes roughly two hours and you will leave with a natural looking fuller brow. Expect to heal for roughly 6 weeks, after which you will come back for a perfecting visit. This visit is similar to the first treatment and you will need to heal again. Both visits are mandatory for the best result. Certain circumstances may require a second perfecting appointment.
No, Microblading can only be done to people over the age of 18 and in good health. If you are currently being treated for cancer or if you have Lupus, you can’t get the Microblading treatment. In addition, if you are currently pregnant or nursing, you are also not able to get Microblading. A consultation prior to your first appointment is mandatory in which we discuss if you are a good candidate for Microblading. Please note, results from microblading cannot be guaranteed as type of skin, lifestyle and products all affect the result.
Microblading is a semipermanent technique for enhancing the appearance of the eyebrows, in which pigment is scratched into the skin in fine, short strokes resembling hair, using a hand tool with a blade formed of tiny needles.
At the Pilar BLLaC Beauty Studio a consultation prior to service is required along with a signed release form.
Yes, the pre-treatment requirements are as follows:
Do not use retinoids, glycolics, vitamin c products or other formulas which cause or encourage cellular regeneration at least two weeks prior to your microblading session. You can return to these products no sooner than two weeks post-treatment.
Do not drink alcohol, take blood thinning medication or smoke anything which includes vaping 24 hours prior to your treatment.
Refrain from laser treatments, peels, waxing or Botox at least two weeks prior to your treatment. You can resume four weeks after microblading
For best results skin should be healthy, non-irritated, without blemishes and sunburn free
If you have bacterial infections or open sores on or near your brows, you can not be treated.
RESULTS FOR MICROBLADING CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
Results vary in the case of very oily skin, large pores, very mature skin, very thin skin, very acne prone skin, extremely sensitive/allergic skin, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, melasma, or very thick coarse hair causing the microblade pigment to not hold well with the detail fading quickly. More frequent touch ups are needed under these circumstances.
If you sweat a lot, exercises often, or swim in chlorinated water daily, you may experience faster fading and need more frequent touch ups.
Follow these simple rules for the best results:
NO MOISTURE! NO WATER! NO SWEAT! NO SUN! For 10 days.
The best results come from dry healing in the first 10 days. By keeping your brows dry it will help retain more detail, better color, and keep crisp strokes of pigment. To help with the 10 day process, Pilar BLLaC Beauty Studio will send you home with an aftercare package containing a gentle cleaner, moisturizer and blotting papers. You must adhere to the following:
- Keep your showers brief and your face directly out of the shower stream. Do your best to carefully wash your hair and keep your face as dry as possible. Keep clean, dry washcloths or paper towels on hand to pat dry if they get moist.
- When washing your face, do not splash water onto your face, instead use a washcloth or disposable cleansing wipe to wash AROUND the brows, making sure they stay dry
- Use the provided product free blotting paper several times a day to absorb excess moisture
- Do not apply any cosmetics on your brows for AT LEAST 10 days. If your skin starts to feel tight and dry after day 7 post treatment, you can use a small amount of coconut oil or the provided LuLu Face Company moisturizer. If you do need to moisturize, please do so sparingly.
- Absolutely no heavy exercising or sweating for at least 10 days post procedure. If you want the best color and detail retention, this is crucial.
- After 10 days you should wash your face, including your brows, with a gentle face wash, such as Cetaphil. If your normal products contain retinoids, vitamin c or other ingredients that promote cellular regeneration they will speed up the microblading fading process. The micellar water from LuLuFace Company included in your post-treatment package is gentle and chemical free. This can be used on your brows and whole face.
You can Expect the following
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color, more sharply defined or even have a more filled in appearance. This can last up to a week after the treatment while the initial healing process takes place. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards but there should be minimal discomfort and minimal redness.
- During the healing period, there may be scabbing, flaking or peeling of the skin. If this happens, do not pick it. Allow the scab or dry skin to come off on its own. This is crucial. If scabs come off prematurely, the pigment will come out with it. It is totally normal for the skin to flake and peel, this is not your tattoo coming off. It is equally normal for no scabbing or flaking to appear.
- The complete healing process takes about 4-6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating.
MICROBLADED BROWS GO THROUGH MANY PHASES WHILE HEALING. Below is an idea of what you might experience
- Day 1 – finely detailed, slight redness – you are dry healing your brows. No moisture.
- Day 2-4 – They can become a few shades darker and more crisp and filled in looking as they form a light scab. This is only temporary- don’t panic. It is also possible that your skin will not scab at all. You are dry healing your brows, please no moisture.
- Day 5-12- your brows will naturally exfoliate and flake over the course of several days. The skin is fresh underneath making it appear that the brows are too light. Be patient. Keep your brows dry until day 10.
- Day 10-30 – On day 10- wash your brows with a mild cleanser. This will help the healing and shedding process at this point. The color may appear light, but will slowly come back to the surface as skin settles in and heals. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it will take on new strength, and it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. This is why two visits are mandatory and included. Your second appointment is to tighten up your shape, touch up any light spots and also to assess how your skin reacts to the process, and the chosen color.
- I note every pigment blend, in case we need to layer in a different shade or adjust the tone. Each procedure is customized just for you.
- This is a mandatory two step process. Brows look really finished after the 2nd appointment.
The Nature of the Treatment comes with certain precautions to ensure the Best Results here is a List of what not to do:
- DO NOT get wet for the first 10 days as much as possible. You may shower or bathe normally, but avoid getting any soap, shampoo or water on your brows. If you do, do not panic. Simply pat them dry with a clean towel or paper towel. Remember to keep your showers brief.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the dry skin/flakiness; let the skin fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. This is just new skin forming. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area for the first 10 days. Cosmetics of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo. After 10 days its fine if you need to gently apply makeup to any light spots.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing.
- DO NOT bleach, tint or dye the tattooed area for one month following the procedure.
- DO NOT apply any anti-acne products (e.g. Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, Proactiv, etc.) or lightening creams (skin bleaching creams) such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
- No anti-aging products or facial products containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Lactic or Glycolic Acids
- Do not thread, wax, or use hair removal products on the treated area while healing.
- NO exercising and/or excessive sweating one day prior to getting tattooed and for 10 days after. Heavy sweating will cause the hair strokes to blur and detail to be lost.
- NO Sun exposure, swimming pools, jacuzzis, saunas or other bodies of water for two weeks.
- Do not soak your face underwater in a bathtub or allow the shower to spray directly in your face for 10 days.
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, we recommend applying sunscreen daily on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid, microdermabrasion, chemical face peel products and laser treatments must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten or discolor the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment no sooner than 6-8 weeks later. It takes about 6 weeks for the brow area’s skin cells to completely regenerate and settle in.
- There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your tattoo, and everyone will heal a little differently.
THIS PROCEDURE IS NOT RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- you are using ACCUTANE or have used it within the past year
- you have very oily skin and/or very large pores on your forehead In this case the hair stroke pigment may be rejected or it may heal very powdery/ fuzzy with loss of detail. If you choose to do it anyway you may need frequent touch ups. Often powder shading, or a combination brow is a good replacement
- you are very tan or sun-damaged
- you are skin is very delicate, fragile, sensitive or problematic. Skin conditions like Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea, heavy Melasma etc. that are present on the face will affect retention and longevity of microbladed brows.
- you are pregnant or nursing
- you are allergic to Lidocaine
- you are highly prone to scarring or keloids
- you are epileptic
- you are under 18
Deep Diver Micellar Cleansing Pads and Double Back BB Cream, exclusively for my Microblading clients to use on day 10 of their healing process.